Sunday, March 15, 2009

Salad for Supper

I chose this recipe because the name caught my attention. Growing up we always had salad with our dinner but it was not this kind of salad!

Salad For Supper
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
Mix and add enough water to make 1 3/4 cup juice. Boil. Make jelly with lemon jello.
When cool, add 1 cup grated cheese, 1/2 pint whipping cream.
Chill. Serve on lettuce.


4 comments:

  1. Now that's an interesting one! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll be making this one! Cheese with whipped cream. hmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll skip this one! I do wonder what it is like though. Lemon and whipped cream are good friends, but cheese? I could see cream cheese or ricotta or cottage cheese even, but grated cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should make anonymous comments available because I know some relatives that tried to comment here, but couldn't because they don't have any of the ID's in the pull down menu. :)

    ReplyDelete