The following recipes were the top four from an unknown bake-off contest.
Enjoy!
Rhubarb Pecan Muffins - 1st Prize
2c flour
3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Mix together
3/4 c chopped pecans
1 large egg
1/4 c oil
2 tsp grated orange peel
3/4 c orange peel
1 1/4 c fine chopped rhubarb
Nicol Vineyard's Five Star Muffins - 2nd
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c natural bran
1 c large flake oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 wheat germ
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 c raisins
1/3 c c. chips
3/4 c chopped dates
1/2 c cocoanut
1/4 c water
1/2 c crushed pineapple (undrained)
1/2 c oil
2 large eggs
1 c apple or pineapple juice
1 ripe banana sliced
1 orange cut in pieces
1 small apple, chopped fine
Cornmeal Strawberry Muffins - 3rd
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp B.P.
1 tsp B.S.
1/2 tsp
Mix together.
2 large eggs
1 c milk
1/4 c oil
1 cup unsweetened strawberrys cut-up
Sunshine Muffins - 4th
2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp soda
cinnamon
1 c mashed bananas
2 c finely grated carrots
3 eggs
1/4 c oil
1 ts. vanilla
1/3 c raw sunflower seeds
1/3 c chocolate chips
1/3 c coconut
1/3 c poppy seed
Hmmm...cornmeal strawberry. Sounds interesting. Might try a version of that idea. Thanks for posting!
ReplyDeleteMmm...So I made the 5 Star muffins - I made a few changes to adjust for my husband's dislikes... First of all, no raisins, so I increased the chocolate chips to 1/2 C. Then, he hates pineapple, so I used this saskatoon jam/preserves that I made last year instead! I also used a frozen overripe banana all mashed up instead of a ripe one. Oh and if anyone is wondering about baking - I did them at 400 for 15 minutes and they turned out great! Trevor's only comment was "too healthy" But I think they make a great breakfast!
ReplyDelete